Sunday 21 September 2014

Scrapping the holiday - Bats!! I finally nailed it.

My second page from our day trip to the French zoo is probably one of my favourites. I worked hard to get a couple of good shots of the bats in flight, staying behind after the feeding to capture the shy creatures, and so that story was the focus of my layout. The Project Life camera print paper was perfect for it. The other papers are from the same Jade edition pack.
I wrote my journaling on the camera print and drew round a few of the cameras with my black pen. Then I added some doodled borders. This is something I admire on other people's pages but I don't do very often myself. I like how it turned out though.
 
The title was made with some old large white letters but, before adhering them, I drew round them and coloured them black then adhered them offset to give a shadow effect. A few drops of ink and I called it done.
 
Simple. But I really like it.

2 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

It's fab! I think the doodled border is very brave of you and it pulls the two 'columns' together really nicely...and of course, I love a bit of a hand written story!

Sian said...

I think you are very brave (bats scare me a little, no, make that a lot..)