Wednesday 3 September 2014

Back to the grindstone and 2 birthdays to celebrate.

The last week in August is always a bit strange. We are no longer in France and I am back at work, so it definitely isn't part of my holiday PL. On the other hand P and the kids still had a week to go before the start of term so it isn't part of the next school year either. I scrap monthly, ending my albums at the end of a school year, not December. Al and P and R both have their birthdays this week so I decided to create a stand-alone week which is distinct from both August and September's styles.
I enjoyed this opportunity to do something different. Having used the pretty, muted tones of the Coral and Summer PL kits in France, I chose the bright punch of Simple Stories Snap for this LO. The patterned paper and the balloon embellishments come from the Hip Hop Birthday line and the tiny wood veneer stars are Studio Calico. I love the sharp colours. This was also different in that the 6x4 Snap pad did not have rounded corners so I left them square and I journalled white on colour, instead of in black.

I journalled about going back to work but didn't want a picture of that.
We had 16 people over for takeaway curry to celebrate P's birthday. For R we went to the local ice cream parlour and then I took him and his cousins to see Guardians of the Galaxy at the cinema - a real boys' film!
While I was at work the kids went to Holiday Club at church every morning so I used a sticker and a flyer to document that. After some research and soul-searching, they also both decided to take part in the Ice Bucket Challenge.
 
 Did you do this? What do you think about it? There was a lot of controversy on Facebook but in the end we decided it was harmless and a good awareness-raiser. I was concerned about the message of 'You have to do this - you've been nominated' though.

1 comment:

alexa said...

A nice way to record your not-quite-start-of-the-year week - it reminds me of the week before New Year which rarely gets a look in! Glad the celebrations went well, even if they were a bit chilly!