Saturday 12 April 2014

12x12 scrapping with 4x3 Project Life cards

 As I do Project Life monthly I have plenty of photos and don't use many of the 3x4 filler cards. However they are way too cute to languish in my stash so I thought I'd share a couple of 12x12 layouts  using them.

I am in France at the moment for the Easter holidays so I don't have my full stash with me. In fact, I packed quite lightly for this trip. I brought the PL cards I'd chosen for April, but as for 12x12  I knew I had a bag of scraps out here so I limited myself to some sheets of neutral-coloured cardstock and black and white alphas. I threw in 3 of the themed card packs - summer,  family and girl at the last minute because they were on offer in Hobbycraft when I went to get some adhesive (well. you know how it is!) and take up very little space.


The Balloon Fun photo was taken on the ferry and I was largely inspired by finding the balloon card in the Summer themed pack. I used that one whole as an embellishment then picked 3 other 3x4 cards to cut up as patterned paper. I had some co-ordinatincg scraps which I layered onto a plain cream background. The flowers have been hanging around from a cardmaking kit for ages. I threaded them with embroidery thread and layered them over flowers cut from another scrap of patterned paper.


This second layout really used only 6 3x2 cards,  The DCWV tree bark paper gave an interesting base. Apart from a couple of strips of Smash tape and some coloured alphas I found I'd left here, all the embellishments and paper layers were cut from Family themed cards.


1 comment:

Susanne said...

Super fun layering with those cards. I keep meaning to do this with my more than ample card stash - thanks for another nudge.