March was a long and busy month at work but there were certainly some highlights as well - and everything came in pairs!
- I had 2 lesson observations - one of an ESOL lesson and one of me doing tutorials. I scored a high 'Good' and an 'Outstanding' respectively, which I was pleased about. The latter was particularly flattering as I am new to the tutorial system.
- I went to both kids' schools for parent consultations. R's was brilliant - lots of really nice comments and no real worries. I a so happy we have found him a school which can see past his disability. I had got so used to hearing the same negative comments at primary school. In a reversal of fortunes, M was told she needed to push herself more. Although I was initially disappointed, this is actually quite a good thing as it means she is finally, in Yr 2, being stretched. She has been so used to finding things easy she's never had to push herself.
- P and I went out twice as a couple- a theatre trip to see Derren Brown's live show which was his Christmas present to me (absolutely amazing BTW) and a meal at the local 'posh' restaurant which was mine to him.
- I made 2 trips to the tip to dispose of 14 bags of garden rubbish as I embarked on a long term project to sort out our garden.
- The kids both took part in special assemblies - R with the Anti-Bullying Committee which he is part of and M for Mother's Day. I was pleased to find a picture of R on his school's Headteacher's Blog, because of course parents are not invited to secondary school assemblies. Just as well, probably. I cried at M's!
- I did 2 sessions of Speaking exam interlocuting.
- M had 2 dress up days - for Book Week and Sport Relief. I'm glad that R is too old for this now, though he did wear mufti for Sport Relief.
- We also celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary, in a fairly low key way but it merited a selfie to show off my new Svarovski crystal earrings. Actually, you can't see them very well, but they match the necklace.
- It was Mother's Day too, of course. Again, pretty low key but I received 3 handmade cards and a paper bouquet from M. I'll have to wait for my gift from R as he wasn't able to bring it home from DT last week.