Friday 7 March 2014

A Week in the Life Thursday

I woke up at 5am and couldn't get back to sleep so I got up and watched Glitter Girl videos until 6.30.
As soon as I had dropped Mary at school I walked down to college.  2 hours of CAE were followed by an extra half an hour of speaking practice with 3 students who have their exam next week.
At 12.40 I organised pancake races at International Club then helped a tutee fill in an application form for next year.
I had a short time to do my marking before I collected M from school and R from after school club.
Tea was quick and easy hotdogs as we had to go back to R's school for parents' evening.  This was the first time I had attended parents' evening at secondary school and the first time P had been to R's school.  I was nervous but I was very relieved and very very proud.  The teachers seemed to like R and said some really lovely things.  At last he is at a school that appreciates his abilities instead of focussing on his disability.
P went straight out afterwards to play billiards and I had a quiet evening in front of the TV.

No comments: