Sunday 9 March 2014

A Week in the Life- Saturday

We get a bit of a lie-in on Saturday mornings, but not for long because M had to be at her drama group at 9.30am. I then came back and took R to the same place for a 10.30 rehearsal - it is far from perfect, but hopefully they will be rehearsing together again soon.
At. 11.00 P followed me to the garage so my car could be looked at it. It has been making a horrific noise all week. It only took them half an hour to diagnose that the brake pads, discs and calipers needed replacing - it's going to be expensive and I won't have my car back until at least Monday.
P dropped the kids and me in town as I had given R double pocket money for getting a good report and it was burning a hole in his pocket. He bought a, Xbox game and M chose a book to spend her World Book Day voucher on.
When we got back home, it was time to relax with our respective electronic devices for a while.
In the evening, our friends A&M came over to share a  Chinese takeaway. R joined us, for the first time, and we had a very pleasant time. Didn't get to bed until midnight.

1 comment:

Julia Dunnit said...

do you know, of all the things that change when your kids grow, I really don't miss the Saturday morning activities. They were always the ones that were most enjoyed too, so quite hard to be grudging about the lack of lie in...at least it was a routine change!!