Thursday 27 February 2014

Shiny! A layout And a pocket page



I first visited the Tower of London when I was about 12 with my grandparents. I especially remember viewing the Crown Jewels & being totally bowled over (pun intended, though I know it isn't very good) by this enormous solid gold punch bowl. It's called The Wine Cistern and weighs 8000oz.
When we took the kids this half term, I was expecting my memory to be exaggerated. Like going back to your primary school and seeing how small the chairs really are, I thought it would be much smaller than I remembered.

So I was delighted  when we went in. I was just as bowled over the 2nd time.It measures 30"x 54.5"x 40" (that's inches, not centimetres!) The Crown Jewels really are stunning. My sparkly daughter loved it. And the Tower of London, whilst certainly not a cheap day out, has something for everyone. R and P enjoyed the gory history and impressive suits of armour.

I took a lot of photos - no change there then - and wanted to use several of them, but I was also keen to record this story of my first visit with my grandparents so I opted for a 12x12 and a co-ordinating divided page layout.

I felt that if any layout called for some bling, it was this one so I went over the top with sparky letter stickers and gen swirls (both from Hobbycraft - the letters were cheap but extrememly annoying to peel off.) I also gilded the edges of my journaling cards and photos with gold Liquid Pearls and used them to colour the Mistables alphas for SHINY and the kids' initials. the background paper is by Dovecraft.

No comments: