Saturday 5 October 2013

Scrapping school photos


I know there are loads of school-themed products out there, but I really struggled to find appropriate ones to scrap the milestone of R moving from Primary to Secondary school. Many are American and those yellow school buses and apples don't fit my stories and the spelling is all wrong!. Other are too ABC-ish - great for pre-school and reception pictures but not an 11 yr old.
I found these foam pins and crayons in Hobbycraft and they were cheap enough, even though it included elements I probably won't use, but otherwise I had to fall back on my general supplies for this one. I'm not very satisfied with it, but I like that I have photos of my son on the first and last days of KS2 and that I've got my journaling down.
 

For 'Be Memorable', which documents R's first day of Yr 7, I wanted it to be more grown-up so I decided to raid my office supplies. The school colours are red, white and black and I easily found note paper, post-its (the red arrows), tags and paperclips. I had a new delivery of the My Mind's Eye Chalk Studio line so I used 2 6x6 sheets of that and a sticker cut in half. The alphas are by Jenni Bowlin and Amy Tangerine and I used a 4x3 Project Life card for the subtitle, which Ruth had kindly sent me.
 
The photo is matted on a vintage dictionary page, but I will reprint it next time I send off for prints to get better quality than I can print at home. At the moment it is just attached with the paperclip.
                           
What products do you recommend for British school-themed pictures?

No comments: