Saturday 5 October 2013

A choice of 2 wedding cards

I wanted to make my friends a really special wedding card and, as usual, because it really mattered I couldn't decide what to do. I wanted it to stand out from the normal embossed white-on-white. Beautiful as they are, I knew I couldn't pull off that sort of classy style.
My first idea was to create a monogram out of confetti-covered letters. I used spray adhesive to stick the confetti, but really only managed to make a mess of my brand-new craft sheet. It's not an even coverage. Then I used Dear Lizzy papers for the background and a length of embroidery thread to signify 'tying the knot'. I like the idea but I wasn't happy with the result so I tried again.
This time I went with my friends' wedding colours of purple and mauve. I already had the crimped hearts from Hobbycraft and I used another of the Project Life cards I received from Ruth to create a topper with some Any Tangerine Remarks letters and Stickles.

It isn't so unusual, but I think it looks more professional so it's probably the one I'll go with. I might keep the confetti card to embellish my scrapbook pages from the wedding.

No comments: