Sunday 15 September 2013

Title Page

You might have seen this episode of Glitter Girl when she gives advice about creating a title page. Well, the question she answered was mine and I have finally got round to using her ideas and making a title page for my Harry Potter Tour album.

I had already scrapped the A-side of this Harry Potter themed paper from Scrapping the Magic
but it seemed a waste not to use both sides so I made my title page on the back. I'll remember this trick for other papers of which I love both A and B side, it's economical too. Don't know why I'd never thought of it before.

The photo is actually a postcard of the 1/3 ratio model of Hogwarts. I used the ticket from our day there so the Phoenix gave me my colour scheme. The small letter stickers were white so I coloured them with gel pens and used a Sakura Clear Star pen to add some sparkle to the printed word.
Glitter Girl's advice was to use all the colours and repeated elements that appear frequently in the album to give the title page cohesion. In this case,  most of the layouts are on a dark background and I have used the Queen & Co film strip washi tape, a ticket and/or Harry Potter trading card, owl motifs and black & white baker's twine on almost all of them.

Do you make title pages for your albums? This was my first one. I usually stick to chronological albums, although I do also have a Book of Me and a Family Tree album which I might make titles for now.

2 comments:

Sian said...

I don't make title pages, or at least I haven't so far, but I can see how satisfying it must feel to make one and round off an album full of good stuff

alexa said...

I like the reminder that we can use the A and the B side in the same age protector - a good tip. I don't make title pages very often ... Yours really set the tone for the content.