Monday 12 August 2013

Cousins - playing with colour

 
My layouts usually start with the story and/or the photo. Those are, after all, the most important elements. But after that the process varies. Sometimes I follow a sketch, sometimes I have themed embellishments or memorabilia I want to use. This time it was colour which decided the structure.
 
The photo of my children and their cousins is quite colourful and every single colour is represented in the floral paper by My Mind's Eye Collectable. However 3 of the 4 children are boys so I didn't want to emphasise the flowers. Instead I found various scraps in matching colours and collaged them into a block on dark red Jenni Bowlin Embossed cardstock.
 
I wrote my journaling on a strip of dark grey card. It isn't about this particular photo, just the relationship the cousins have and how well they got on together this holiday. I used the leftover pieces of a nearly-used-up Basic Grey alpha for the title as I didn't have enough of the right letters.
 
Then, just because I found them and they also matched all the colours, I went back to florals and added the chipboard embellishments. I didn't bring many embellishments with me to France so I have to make do with what I have or wait until I get home. I may well add some ink or enamel dots to this layouts when I take it home.
 

No comments: