Monday 12 August 2013

5th Kyu - blue and blocky

I've been wanting to scrap these pictures of R grading to Blue Belt for a while. All 3 photos show a different aspect of the day so this grid pattern seemed a good way to give them equal weighting.
 
I layered the lovely Teresa Collins Stationery Noted text paper onto blue/grey cardstock. (The text is all about a parent's advice to his/her child; lovely without being overly sentimental and perfect for this page to show how proud I am of R) I matted the photos onto another sheet of blue and filled in the gap with pale blue polka dots.
 
The sentiments are also from Teresa Collins Stationery Noted and I matted them on red to give them some focus. The one at the bottom reads 'Go confidently in the direction of your dreams' - exactly what I wish for R. I didn't think it needed any further journaling so I just added some washi tape and a short title. I  might add something more dimensional to the embellishments areas when I get home to my stash, but for the moment I'm happy with it.

 

No comments: