Sunday 7 July 2013

Putting the Scrap Back into Scrapbooking - again

This was an exercise in thinking outside the box. In my scraps box was most of a sheet of ledger paper which I intended to use for journalling. It was Christmas paper and I have been taking it out and putting it back for the last 6 months so I was determined to use it this time as part of my summer challenge to empty my scraps box.
Suddenly, for no particular reason, I looked at the Christmassy A side and, instead of the Santas and unusable (for me) American postmarks, my eye was drawn to the pretty woodgrain doilies.
I punched them out and used these butterflies I bought from Tiger for £1 (for 4) to make some paperclip embellishments.
They looked great with this DCWV green woodgrain paper and some brightly coloured scraps to complement M's jacket. The flowers were a Dovecraft pack I think.  

There was no real story to this photos of my kids, I just liked them so I didn't do any journalling and settled for a title i could spell with leftover Thickers.

I'm still trying tyo decide whether I need to add something more in the top right hand corner. Maybe some little strips of the patterned papers. What do you think?

2 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Beautiful embellishments.
Rinda

Lisa-Jane said...

I'm trying to use up my scraps too and I love what you've done with these embellishments so I'm going to try something similar. Thanks!