Friday 5 July 2013

A couple more items scavenged

I love that following Rinda's Summer Scavenge Hunt makes me look more carefully at things I see every day. This bench is outside the community centre where I teach twice a week and the students often sit there to chat.
 
 
10. A bench that is outside
Today, for the first time, I read properly the inscription on it which states that the bench is a memorial for a local councillor. I'm still not sure whether it is funny but, if so, it must certainly have been unintentional. It made me smirk anyway, sorry if you don't find it amusing:
"Donated by his loving wife.
He loved not wisely but too well"
7. A sign that is intentionally or unintentionally funny
Surely, if the councillor's loving wife had thought carefully about that quotation, she wouldn't have chosen it!


4 comments:

alexa said...

Well spotted! Great to get 2 in 1!

Anonymous said...

sounds like an episode of Jeremy Kyle!!! Rachel

Jen said...

Oh brilliant - 2 in 1 - and that quote cracked me up!! J x

Maria Ontiveros said...

What an awesome find! I love it. Such a pretty bench to begin with and then the quotation! LOL!
Rinda