Friday 5 July 2013

The story of a cake - sketch to scrapbook page


This layout is based on Shimelle's Sketch to Scrapbook page here.
 
scrapbooking sketch by shimelle laine @ shimelle.com
Her sketch used a 6x4 and 3 2x2 phone photos, but I adapted it to show off 6 small prints of M, Grandma and I working together on the decoration for her birthday cake. The cake picture itself is cropped to 4x5in.

I added an explanatory caption to each of the pictures in PSE as there was no room for much journaling on the layout itself.

The wave-patterned paper, Little Mermaid ribbon and wave embellishments were all bought specially for this event (from Scrap the Magic) before I even took the photos. M has been nagging me ever since her birthday to get n and scrap them so she could have an leftover ribbon! The little water droplets came in the embellishment pack with the waves and I added 3 Studio Calico wood veneers to add a different texture.

2 comments:

Lisa-Jane said...

I'd love to see what you did with the sketch but I can't seem to see a picture?

Kirsty.A said...

Oops! Sorry. That's because it wasn't there. Thanks for letting me know, Lisa-Jane