Sunday 2 June 2013

Saturday Roundup 1st June (lots of photos)

Wow! 1st June! And the sun actually has a little warmth in it. Maybe summer is finally here.
Firstly - here are those pictures from last week that I didn't have time to upload.
 
Walking with Rainbows




M's class trip to the Royal National Lifeboat Institute




Now for this week. It is the end of half term so, of course, we went out to France. Only 6 days, but it is so relaxing over there. For the first 3 days, my in-laws were there too so we caught them up with what we've been doing (they've been in France for the past 6 weeks) and caught up with some sleep.  Mother-in-law helped M to make the decorations for her birthday cake. We also spoke to Orange about setting up WiFi in the house (watch this space!)



The weather was a little better than it has been so we were able to get outside. The kids love the 'parcours sante' (fitness trail) in a local park, and I love the beautiful views.




We like to spend one day doing something different, but we have to go further afield to find new places to visit these days. This week it was the Souterroscope at Caumont-L'Evente. Set in a 19th Century slate mine, this was an interesting visit. R is old enough now to follow the guide, and M was taken with the collection of geodes and quartzes. Unfortunately, it was too challenging to get good pictures so I resorted to buying postcards. These are the only ones that came out OK. I just love that amethyst geode.



We finished the week with a takeaway pizza with neighbours and then had to get up at 5.30am to catch the return ferry.  I'm sleepy now - I need to get a good night's sleep before we celebrate M's 6th birthday with 19 small people tomorrow. Waiting for me, amongst all the cards for M, was my Big Swap of Small Things from Gail. I'll share that separately.

No comments: