The 'green screen' experience was one of the highlights at the Harry Potter studio. The kids loved riding a broom to create a piece of footage which could then be projected onto backgrounds from the films. I was happy to get a rare photo of all 4 of us together, even if it did cost me £7 for the print. The first thing I did when I got home was scan it so I could reprint it at scrapbooking size.
The 2 'broom' pictures will get scrapped soon, but this weekend I wanted to play with the one of us all 'flying' the enchanted Ford Anglia. (It's taken until today to get enough sunlight in the dining room to photograph it!)
Having rediscovered the class I took 2 summers ago ('Explore' by Shimelle) when I made my first Harry Potter layout, I decided to go back and revisit all the other prompts and videos. One was focussed on making circle embellishments with map paper, and then using them on a layout. I spent a pleasant hour doing what Nigella, were she a scrapbooker, would call "a little light punching and sticking" (Shimelle and Nigella- 2 female gurus who have risen to first-name-only status in their fields!)
My impatient streak means that if I leave it until I've nearly finished a layout, I rarely spend long creating really detailed embellishments. This way, the focus of my crafting time was just the embellishments, and I'm really happy with how they turned out. All the papers were scraps which I'd already picked out for my Harry Potter kit, with the addition of the red to give it some 'pop'.
The 'stash stretching' came into play when I made my background. I really loved both A and B sides of the Heidi Swapp No Limits paper and they both matched the photo well, but I only had 1 sheet. So, I cut a wide slice off the top, reversed it and cut it into 2 assymetrical strips. I then took a less-loved sheet of paper and layered the pieces back together, adding in some of the red and blue that I had used for the embellishments at top and bottom.
From there it was just a matter of matting the photo, adding a title and hand-writing my journalling. I highlighted some keywords with computer-generated mini letter tiles.