Thursday 24 January 2013

Tracking Santa - Christmas Eve Layout


I had this Echo Park paper with a map of the North Pole earmarked for these photos even before I'd taken them! As soon as I received my Christmas kit from Shimelle in November, I knew it would be perfect to document my son's obsession with tracking Santa's progress round the world on Google Earth. To be honest, he wasn't quite as obsessed this year as last, but I still got the pictures I wanted, and when we met up with cousin on the evening of 24th, they were doing the same thing!

I'm afraid I can't remember the manufacturer of any of the other bits. I just pulled out everything left in my Christmas stash that was Christmas Eve-related or matched my colour scheme and layered it all on. It was a fun layout to make as usually I am quite thrifty with my embellishments, but these would only be hidden away for the next 9 months if I didn't use them.

My prints from Christmas have just arrived, so I'm finishing off a lot of half made layouts, then I can get onto 2013. I'm dying to scrap some of my snow pictures.

2 comments:

Sian said...

Kirsty, I have a piece of this paper saved for exactly the same purpose! But you actually have yours done and fabulous it looks too. We still love tracking Santa - something about logging on and seeing how much effort they've put into it always brings a tear to my eye

Alison said...

Perfect paper indeed, Kirsty!
Alison xx