Monday 10 September 2012

10 Hellos on Monday the Tenth

I am a multi-tasker. My motto is always 'KILL TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE'. I love being able to plan a lesson or set a piece of homeworkthat ticks off at least 2 skills I need to cover and if I can accomplish at least 2 jobs in one car trip I feel good. So this morning I am combining my posts for Hello Monday (which I'd forgotten about until I saw Ruth's post) and Ten Things on the Tenth. I have already read Rinda's and she's doing the same thing but I hope she won't mind if I carry on regardless. Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery, and all that (I wonder how many more cliches I can cram into one post - that would be multi-tasking too!)
So:

1. Hello to R and M's first full week back at school. they'll be tired and grumpy by Friday
2. Hello to M's first ever Rainbow meeting. She's so excited.
3. Hello to meeting R's new teacher and new Headteacher
4. Hello to 8 hours of enrolment this week - tedious and stressful in equal measure, I'm always exhausted by enrolling.
5. Hello to 2 evenings of work. I don't usually teach evenings, but I have to do the enrolment sessions.
6. Hello to meeting my new class of ESOL 6th Formers
7. Hello to spending time with friends this weekend whom I haven't seen for much too long.
8.  Hello to a tidy house - I'm keeping up with the Organised Housewife's Twenty Days challenge and now we are all back at school and work, it should be easier to keep it tidy.
9. Hello to Learning Something new Every Day. Having started my project on Sunday I can now keep up.
10. Hello to marking. I haven't done any since the end of June, so it's going to be a bit of a shock.

Follow any of the links to see other people taking part in similar challenges. I'm a joiner-inner too! Have a good week

1 comment:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Wow - what a busy week of beginnings! I wish I had gotten my daughter into Rainbow or Job's Daughters. It would have been really good for her.
Rinda