Sunday 29 April 2012

What I Did When It Was Raining

"I know it is wet and the sun is not sunny,
But we can have lots of good fun that is funny"
       (The Cat in the Hat, Dr Seuss)

In between ferrying my children to drama class and parties, I finished off a few cards this weekend:

A vintage-style 80th birthday card. It's for my Nan to give a friend (no one I know) so I hope the recipient likes it.
A stitched black and white sympathy card. My friend lost her mum recently. The friend is a quilter so Plan A was to stitch a white on white patchwork effect, but it just looked too messy and in the end I went with a stitched black border on embossed white card, using my Sew Easy tool to mark out evenly-spaced holes. I printed the sentiment and used the thin end of my embossing marker to heat emboss it, then mounted it on black and added another stitched border. The unnecessary cream rose is to cover up a wonky bit.
I'm not really happy with this one, but it is the thought that counts with sympathy cards anyway. It's not meant to be a show-off project.
Finally, a use-up-those-scraps card which I made in France at Easter. It just needed some bling and roses to finish it off.
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the vintage one at the top.

Melissa said...

Great cards. I had to laugh as I'm reading through some blogs this sunny afternoon here in Texas because lots of y'all have mentioned all the rain over there!