Thursday 26 May 2011

What's in Your Handbag Thursday?

Don't worry. I'm not going to make this a weekly column to rival the lovely Julia, but I emptied my current, big, brown, faux leather handbag today to look for a set of keys (which, of course, were not there!) and was frankly amazed at what I had stashed in there:
pack of baby wipes;
hairbrush;
chocolate biscuits;
work ID card;
store cards;
purse;
lip salve;
half a pack of polos;
2 pens;
eyeliner;
lip gloss;
lipstick;
keys;
smartphone;
2 STs;
gas bill;
euro coin;
2 crayons;
mini colouring book;
sunglasses;
suncream;
mascara;
mini umbrella
+ (found in a side pocket after I'd taken the photo)
3 children's hair clips
packet of beads ought for 50p from a charity shop.

Apart from the beads, hairclips and gas bill, it all went back in! The average woman's handbag is apparently 3lbs. Mine is 4lb4oz!
Have a look here for more great handbag statistics.

What's in your handbag at the moment? Do share!

 

2 comments:

WendyB said...

LOL, can't face tipping my bag out at the moment but I love the idea of such a snapshot :-)

Cath said...

Love this idea, but there is noway I would photo what is in mine!!!! lol