Friday 9 July 2010

Love Your Photos, Love Your Pages. Day 4 - BLue Watch - Sketch Challenge

After 3 days of photography prompts, we are now into 3 days of crafting prompts, with lots of inspiration and sketches. Now, I am not very good at following sketches and I have taken my usual liberties with this one, but I really love the result.
If you're not already signed up for LYPLYP then you won't be able to see the original sketch - go sign up, this class is every bit as good as JYC, especially the forum.

I rotated the sketch, replaced the large block of journalling with a larger photo and moved my journalling to the bottom. I used staples instead of stitching around the edge to make it look more macho. It was great fun doing such a macho page - I rarely get the chance.
The firefighters' helmet was downloaded from Google and covered with Anita's Glossy Accents. The water droplet paper is sticky-backed plastic and the monochrome papers and metal photo turns are by Papermania.
I think this is one of the best pages I've made for months - I really love it, although it's a change from my usual layered style.

No comments: