Sunday 24 January 2010

My word for 2010


Faithscrappers UK, Ali Edwards, and several other sites suggested this alternative to New Year's Resolutions. The idea is to come up with a word which will guide you through the year. I decided upon CHOOSE / CHOICE.
I will CHOOSEhow I spend my time - I used to spend several hours every week planning lessons - now I CHOOSE to spend some of it playing with the kids or scrapbooking for me.
I will choose whether to eat healthily or sinfully. I don't have to commit to eating only carrot sticks for a year, I can make my decisions every day and I do not have to feel guilty about that.
I will CHOOSE my battles with R and M (and with P). I know that they need consistent rules, but I don't have to fight over everything. I choose peace and harmony.
Here is the LO I made to remind myself throughout The year that I have CHOICES.

No comments: