Sunday 24 January 2010




I scrapbook because:
  • memory is fallible and I don't want to forget these years. Special days are easy to remember but it is the everyday minutiae of life with two small children which I like to scrap most.
  • I want to, not because I need to. It ISN'T on my To Do list. Scrapbooking is absorbing and takes my mind off the marking or housework I should be doing.
  • I can do it. I love the fact that I can produce a piece of art to be proud of, even though I can't draw or paint or sew.
  • I can tell my side of the story. Every scrapbook page says as much about me as it does about the children or the event.
  • people like looking at my albums.If I didn't scrap, all those photographs I take would languish unseen on the computer. And, if I'm honest, I like the compliments I receive when people browse through my album.

No comments: