Monday 25 January 2010

Hurrah for not needing jump leads!


I had got quite used to jump starting my 12-year old Suzuki Swift every month or so, but we had a hefty bill of £800 last N0vember and then it failed to start again this week so my father's offer couldn't have come at a better time.
My brother has just landed a great new job with a company vehicle - congratulations to him - so I was offered the car he had been using - a Hyundai Elantra.
First thing this morning I took it for an interior valetting, as my brother owns a large and rather whiffy dog, and now I love it! It's much longer than the Suzuki, which will take some getting used to, but it's so smooth to drive.
I'm a novice with such advanced technology as remote locking and I managed to set off the alarms and the immobiliser in the garage, much to all the other drivers amusement, but I figured it out. Note to male drivers: the answers are in the manual!!
Looking forward to learning to drive on the left in France, now I have a car which will take us there.

No comments: