Saturday 1 November 2014

Project Life - Half Term and Hallowe'en

October has been a busy month what with Oliver!, Half Term and Halloween so I ended up with a lot of Project Life.

As I usually do, I picked my colour scheme at the beginning of the month so I could work on cards and layouts throughout the month and still keep to a cohesive look. For October I went with a traditional scheme of orange and green with kraft as my neutral. The papers were cut from Studio Calico's Darling Dear 6x6 paper pad but I also used PL cards from the Seasons mini kit and Kraft edition. All my cards were inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and I was happy to discover that it didn't bother me at all to mix rounded and square corners.
I stuck to 3 different alphabet sets, all of them cheapos from Hobbycraft.
I made 1 page for Hallowe'en itself and one for the rest of Half Term as, although we were busy, I didn't take too many photos.

The cobwebs and spider stickers were also from Hobbycraft. I bought them for M to play with, but pinched a few for myself to embellish a picture I took on the walk to school a few weeks ago when the spiders' webs were glistening with dew! I used the same plain letter stickers for the whole layout but I heat embossed them for the 2 orange cards and then doodled a border on them for a different look for Trick or Treat.

I struggled a bit with the collage of photo from the Church Light Party because the colours were so different but then I decided it was meant to be different and mounting it on brown cardstock brought it together enough.
                             
The facing page documented an After Show Party, a play date, riding at my friend's yard and our final effort at the Taj Mahal.

I'll show my Oliver! pages separately.

No comments: