Tuesday 4 November 2014

Documenting Oliver!

R's week of performance in Oliver! was just amazing. It was produced by the local Am Dram company (an adult group who don't usually have a junior cast) but it was truly professional. Performed in our town's studio theatre, R quickly got used to being called to the stage by tannoy and revealed in the backstage activity. He was genuinely very good in an outstanding cast and I would have been blown away by it even if he hadn't been performing. It's like being a good footballer - you want to play for a good team - and this was a million miles from the children's drama shows he's done previously.

I have ordered a CD of professional show photos -of course-but I was too impatient to wait for them so I made a 12x12 page and a PL spread of the photo I took while helping to chaperone the boys. I also used PL to keep the memorabilia like tickets and flyers.
 
I can't wait to scrap the professional ones of the actual show.
The black and white picture was on the boards in the theatre bar. That's 'proper' theatre! I really was incredibly proud of him. So exciting.



2 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love how you've documented it.

Susanne said...

Well how fun for him and for you to be able to document it. Your pages look fantastic.