Friday 14 November 2014

Another Oliver layout

Sorry - you're going to be sick of these pictures and I  haven't even received the CD of professional shots yet!
 
I love this black and white promo shot. I don't often print photos in B/W and there was no particular story attached to it which I haven't already told elsewhere so it was a chance to play with different colours and techniques. I actually found that much more difficult than I expected - I like to theme my embellishments and colours to the photo or the event. Choosing the blues just because I liked them was surprisingly scary!
 
I punched out 2in squares from a variety of blue papers. The florals are from Papermania's Capsule collection but the others are scraps. I mounted them in a grid on blue cardstock. I seriously considered stitching them down like a quilt but I've never had much success using my sewing machine on paper. How do you do it? Slow or fast? tight or loose tension?
In the end I bottled it and drew faux stitches with a black pen.
Then I embellished with black doily rub ons (had them ages - can't remember the make) and pearls. The letters and swirls are by BoBunny.
I like that this is a different style from my normal layouts. I think it showcases the photo well.
Any advice on stitching would be much appreciated

No comments: