Friday 6 June 2014

Project life May


Sorry, I've been AWOL for a few weeks. May was pretty busy and June is turning out to be just as bad. Mostly fun stuff though, and it gives me lots to document.

For my May Project Life I chose the Maggie Holmes Core Kit as my basis (I bought a 1/3kit a while back and it is really pretty and springlike). I have made 4 pages to the month as usual and I like to keep them coordinated by using the same kit and also the same main alphas and embellishments. Here I used a Carolees tile alpha and another teeny alphabet for which I lost the packaging-sorry! I had MME enamel dots, a couple of washi tapes and I also inked the edges of everything in Vintage Photo Distress ink.
                           
 Week 1 was a week of films and theatre, inspections (and filler cards as I was short of photographs)
                            
Week 2 was the start of R's assessment weeks at school so I typed up a list of all the tests he had. I'll add the results by hand as he gets them (should be soon)
 He was off sick for 2 days, and the weather turned warm so I used my enforced day off to fill the paddling pool for M when she got home from school.
 Marking in the sunshine deserved to be recorded - there was a LOT of marking in May!
 On the Sunday we had 2 parties on 1 day and I didn't take my camera out at either so instead I printed a screenshot of the events page on Facebook. I do like the variety that comes from not always using the obvious 'portrait of everyone else who was there' to record an event.
 
 
 Week 3 was my last week with my 6th form students (not the mention the week I finally worked out how to get decent quality prints from my  Samsung tablet phone - I can't connect it by USB-no idea why- so I have to email the photo to myself as a full sized image, then download it as a zip file)
The PTA started unofficial crossing patrols as the traffic outside M's school has become increasing] dangerous, so I did my first duty as lollipop lady.
 M made a beeswax candle at Rainbows and R was fitted with a new foot splint.
 The ladybird on this filler card was actually made by M when her brother was sick. It was too cute not to steal!

Week 4 was half term and we spent it in France. P and I discussed whether it was worth going for just 5 days, agreed that we couldn't afford it - and then went anyway! My father-in-law came with us, which helped a little with the cost of the ferry. I think this is my favourite page of the 4.

 We went to an old slate mine with underground lakes and precious stones. I really struggled with the photography, despite having done my research before we went, but I'm pleased with how this shot turned out so I made it central to the spread.  The out of focus picture of us in our hard hats is my fault entirely - I handed the camera to granddad when we came out of the mine without readjusting the settings. Doh!! I was very cross with myself because it is so rare to get a photo op with the 4 of us.
 
 M made herself a den. I used the close up to make a pocket for the tag.

We battled with monster weeds and R ate a whole portion of duck a l'orange.
 c

1 comment:

Susanne said...

Wow, lot's going on. I love the stitching on that May card and your ladybug too! Nice touches all around.