Sunday 18 May 2014

Mixing new stash with old - a Special Place in our Hearts

This LO was originally inspired by this Glitter Girl Mini adventure, but I went off-piste pretty quickly!
                            
I started with the shaped cardstock from Kraft Kuts which I've had forever and cut 3 pennants from both sides of a green Simple Stories December Daily. But then I decided to only shape the middle one to match the die-cut.
I found a doily - a pack of doilies lasts a very, very long time, and I have had these for ages too -which I layered to soften the dark coloured.
                            
 The chipboard flowers  time, have also been hanging around in my stash for a long time, partly because they were very dimensional and had a particularly nasty mustard-yellow layer. For some reason, only today I had the idea of just taking off the yellow layer. The red was still not a perfect match for the cardstock and Thickers but I am OK with it. It  always makes me happy to get something out of my stash and onto a page.
                            
The letters are brand new - I ordered lots of Thickers and small Doodlebug alphas recently because I really had almost no usable packs left. I have plans for the leftover X and Zs. I'll share that another time. And I ordered my first ever pack of enamel dots! These are by My Mind's Eye and I love the colours.

The rub on heart doilies were also new. They were super cheap from a Pound shop and  now I know why - they were super sticky and left a nasty residue- but they fit with the them well.

1 comment:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love the unusual shape of the page. And great photos.
Rinda