Saturday 15 March 2014

Book Week Dress Up

When M announced she wanted to be Amelia Jane for Book Week I was happy to go along with it. Amelia Jane by Enid Blyton is a 'proper' book & I always feel a tad embarrassed sending her to school in a Disney costume or a TV tie-in. Also, it was easy, and I have no talent for costume design.
She already owned a patchwork sundress so we made an oversized button from cardstock and then all I needed to do was buy some stripy socks and do her make up on the Friday morning. Doesn't she look cute?
 The star of this layout was a Dear Lizzy die-cut 6x4 card. I used it as a stencil first with 3 shades of distress ink then backed it with some scrap paper from an unused Smash page and cut it into 2 to use in opposite corners of the design.
I used the same 3 inks to ink the edge of the cardstock (an effect I will definitely be using again) and to colour the foam Hobbycraft letters.
The rest of the layout came together easily with some scraps and I added texture with the Dovecraft ricrac, a couple of Flair and buttons and bows tied from the wool which was used to sew the button onto M's dress.
I had fun making this page and I love the colours.

2 comments:

Sian said...

It's easy to see you had fun making this page. It's lovely!

Nathalie said...

This is very cute and I wish they had Book Week in schools here! I love the concept!