- 20 days of rain out of 31 caused flooding and chaos. We were lucky to escape with only a broken fence panel.
- 5 visits from boiler engineers to fix a leak. When we first phoned them on 31st December the boiler was working but the stuff I had stored underneath it to make room for Christmas decorations was wet. By visit 5 on Jan 14th we had no heating!
- 3 physical achievements by M (blogged here ad nauseam!)
- 6 volumes of Bernard Cornwell's 'Warrior' saga read. They tell the story of Uhtred, a Christian warrior brought up by pagan Vikings during the reign of King Arthur. I groaned when the first volume was suggested as our Book Club read for January. My dad reads Bernard Cornwell & I was not expecting to enjoy it, but I was sufficiently gripped to download the other 6 books in the series. I have one left to read.
- 5 days that a local girl went missing. I've blurred her photo and I won't name details, but it was too close to home not to be included.
- 11 people to lunch on Jan 5th. My favourite aunt, cousin and family who I see pretty sporadically. The number actually swelled to 15 for dessert. Lucky Auntie Jen brought 5 different puddings!
- My nephew turned 8 and my niece 5. My Dad and my sister-in-law both have their birthdays on the same day in January, but no big celebrations for them this year.
Saturday, 1 February 2014
January in Numbers
I hadn't planned to continue Month in Numbers this year as I have started Project Life, but when I looked through my PL diary for January there was so much that was repeated that I decided to make a feature of the numbers anyway.