Saturday 4 January 2014

Not very seasonal


Although I normally prefer to scrap current photos I've had this double layout in an incomplete state since November (obviously!) so, in the spirit of New Year/fresh start etc, I wanted to get it finished.
Actually, it isn't a true double spread - I don't do those very often - more like 2 complementary singles about the 2 Hallowe'en parties I hosted last year as I didn't feel that I could combine a 6yr old and an 11 year old's expectations. 
                          
I wanted the pages to be similar but not identical so I choose 2 colour schemes which suited my kids' personalities. I was surprised how many similar products I had in both colourways which made it easy to make both sides of the double spread simultaneously. I started by machine-stitching both background sheets. Actually I did this back in November when I got my new sewing machine, so it is the first layout I have stitched on. It isn't perfect but I covered up the worst sections with layers of papers. The black cardstock is 2 sheets of DCWV card but that is the only product I bought. I've had the  Paper Cellar glittery paper for ages and the Hallowe'en stickers were given by a blog friend 2 years ago. The other papers are from my scraps box and I used some of my newish Project Life cards for journalling and to mount the embellishment stickers.
 
                              
As I wanted my daughter's  page to be younger and more glittery than the teenage boy's side, I used different embellishments to finish them off separately. 

No comments: