Sunday 10 November 2013

Sunday Roundup 10th November

Lest we forget.
R joined his Scouts for a Remembrance Parade in town today. I didn't stay as a friend's Mum offered to bring him home, but I snapped a couple of photos of them mustering before I left . R is in there somewhere.
                           
Finally, my pursuit of a full normal week at school has been achieved. Not before time! That meant everybody  did a full 5 days and Science Club, Drama Club, Scouts, Rainbows, swimming and Anti-Bullying Group all took place after school, along with a few other commitments. Fortunately, it was not a heavy week for homework, although I had a full day's INSET training on Monday.
 
                            
The Scouts celebrated Bonfire Night with a campfire on Monday and at International Club at college my ESOL teenagers made Guys. Great fun - they really enjoyed it. We didn't see any fireworks this year though, the local display was cancelled last weekend due to high winds.
 
The weather has been bad most of the week. I don't like November for many reasons, one of them being the likelihood of this:
 
 
These were taken at 2 o'clock in the afternoon, by the way. It was sooo dark!

My father-in-law had his birthday on All Soul's Day and he wanted to try the local Ice Cream parlour. He was the only person who hadn't been before.
 

I bought 10 Christmas presents this week too. A good start! What about you? Have you started your shopping yet?
 
 

No comments: