Saturday 12 October 2013

X Box party layout and 2 cards

R wanted an X Box for his 11th birthday and he agreed that he would contribute all his birthday money towards it. I ordered it in time for the big day as a surprise (he was expecting to go shopping after he got his gift money) and he had enough left over to buy some extra games. I was proud of his grown up attitude here.
 
My Mother-in-law make R a great Xbox cake for his party. Unfortunately (and unusually) I didn't get many photos but I scrapped these 2 of the candle-blowing.
The papers were Kate Hadfield's Hipster collection from Scrapbook Inspirations. I added a black background sheet by DCWV. I didn't expect to be able to use this kit, which is very retro - lots of cassette tapes and moustaches but the diagonal striped paper and the bunting just suited the colours in the photo and the sentiment boxes suited R's personality. I wrote journalling on a Project Life card tucked behind the picture. X BOX is a great title to use up some rare letter stickers (PARTY is rubbish - I had no As or Rs left in any of the fonts I wanted to use) and I used up some more Xs to embellish the card and the bunting.
 As I had the Retro kit out, I thought I'd make a card for my brother's birthday; the embellishments are much more suitable for cards than scrapbooking. While I was at it, as so often, M wanted to make one of her own for her friend. I think I like her version better

No comments: