Saturday 7 September 2013

July and August in Numbers

Since I was away for the end of July and all of August , I kept a record of my Months in Numbers but I didn't have time to transfer them to my 2013 Smash Book until today.

They were busy months, full of fun stuff, but with lots of repeated numbers. Here they are:
JULY 2013
1 - Royal Baby born - George Windsor is 3rd in line to the throne 
2 - end of term shows
     visits from the Tooth Fairy
      nights at Scout Camps
      induction session at Secondary School
4 - weeks of unbroken sunshine
      R's average SATS score
7 - End of term parties
     7/7/13 Andy Murray won Wimbledon. 77 years after the last British Men's Champion, Fred Perry did so.

AUGUST 2013
2 - BBQs
     birthdays. P is now exactly 4 times Robert's age!
      trips to the beach
3 - days at church Holiday Club
4 - meals out at restaurants
      takeaways
5 - French village fetes
11 - novels read
15 - the largest number of dinner guests at one time (twice)
38 - new 6th Form ESOL students enrolled
217 photos taken (not including the ones deleted straight off the camera)

Month in Numbers is the Brainchild of Julie Kirk at http://notesonpaper.blogspot.co.uk/ . I just went over there to link this post and found that this month (ie: August in Numbers) she has asked some interesting questions:

a) We had 11 visitors in France this year (not all at the same time but for 1 weekend, with the 4 of us, we had 13 people sleeping in the house)
b) The earliest I got up was 5.30am to see one set of  guests off to the ferry. For most of the holiday though I got up at about 8.30. Only occasionally did I manage to sleep in until after 10. I used to be really good at that, but I have lost the knack since having children.

2 comments:

Julie Kirk said...

It's been interesting to see how various people's 'visitors' statistic linked up with the 'earliest time' to get out of bed ... lots of us seemed to get up early due to something to do with the visitors. I should now pretend that I'd planned the questions knowing that they'd compliment each other shouldn't I?!

Parties, fetes, sunshine ... lovely summery numbers there. And your book is going to be so nice to look back on in years to come.

I've added you to the board now Kirsty: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/

Happy September!

Julie :-)

p.s: The questions for the 3nd 'Communal Count' are now up on my blog if you fancy joining in again :-)

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love the way your scrap your numbers.
Rinda