Friday 23 August 2013

Putting the Scrap back into Scrapbooking-Not my Usual Style

I felt like making a beachy layout since the sun is still shining. I have loads of small scraps of summer-themed papers but I wasn't sure  how to go about using them all.
 I layered and collaged all the pale blue/sandy coloured scraps I could find then stuck them down. I added some splashes of white acrylic paint and the circles of water-patterned plastic I've had lying around for ages. The French texts are from a recent French Scrapping magazine and I know the kraft cameras are from a scrap of Amy Tangerine paper because it still had the branding strip attached but I'm afraid I couldn't tell you any of the others. Some have been in my stash here in France for 3 summers.
This background is way busier than I usually make so, to make the photo stand out,  I mounted it with foam pads on corrugated card. I handcut the title from the same card. It's a bit rustic but I quite like the 'driftwood' effect. The be windmills were made from a piece of yellow card with washi tape on the back as I didn't have any co-ordinating double-sided papers.
It certainly isn't my usual style, but the more I look at it the more I like it. That's what holidays are all about - trying something new.

3 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

It may not be your usual style, but it's great!
Rinda

Kirsty.A said...

Sorry - just retyped the rest of this post that Blogger seemed to have eaten

Gail said...

It looks great Kirsty.