Tuesday 23 July 2013

Share a Coke with Family


I've had this layout in mind since I found my name and my son's in the same day. We bought P his for Father's Day, but we struggled with M. As a stop gap I bought a Mark and used my letter stickers to alter it for her, but I found a real one last week. I had to buy a big bottle of Coke just for the label which I used as my title!

I love how this showcases a portrait of each of us at this particular moment in time. I asked R to take mine and forgot to tell him I wanted a portrait orientation so I had to adapt my original plan a bit but I really like it.

I gutted the red black cardstock which shows as a narrow border behind the black and white handmade paper to use as mats. It was a bit flimsy so I stuck the whole lot on a sheet of dirty-mauve cardstock which I didn't want. Then it was just a case of adding a bit of washi tape and some enamel dots to finish off. The 'Heart You' card is from Simple Stories Snap! and  the labels are from a 12x12 cut apart sheet I had in Shimelle's Christmas kit. I can't remember who it's by.

1 comment:

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love layouts like this - with photos of each member of the family. And what a wonderful find with the bottles.
rinda