Monday 15 July 2013

From florals to funky - 2 scrapbook pages

I've had to squeeze scrapping time in where I can these last couple of weeks, so these layouts were completed over a fairly wide time-frame. The first is of me and my 2 female cousins. Taken at a recent baby shower, it's the first picture I have of the 3 of us for about 10 years. I wanted to make a really girly page so this gorgeous floral from the My Mind's Eye Collectable collection was an obvious choice. I layered it with a sheet of Core'dinations embossed paper which I sanded lightly to bring out the butterfly design. The central band is made with MME branding strips. The addition of the oversized Papermania Big Bloomers  with BasicGrey brads (from my Big Swap of Very Small Things) completed this pretty layout. The journaling card was a magazine freebie by Prima. I had plenty of the mini BasicGray alphas but not enough of the reddish letters left, but fortunately 2 of us have names which start with unusual letters for I just used the initials.

 My second page was one I struggled with to start with. These pictures of M's pool party were brightly coloured and I wanted a bright page. I had these perfect 'splash' stickers from Scrapping The Magic which looked best on  a plain cardstock background but I really wanted some pattern. When I hit upon the idea of layering a square of cardstock on a patterned border I was away. The circle paper is a very old sheet I've had in my stash for ages. I coloured the white circles in yellow to make it the perfect match for the colours in the photos.
 
The letters have also been in my stash for several years. I bought them from Early Learning Centre when I first started scrapping and hadn't yet discovered all the wonderful Internet sites for scrap-shopping. That shows you how old they are - ELC went out of business last year! A little washi tape and I am really pleased with how this one turned out.

4 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

lovely stuff Kirsty, the girly page is absolutely lovely, and the pool party page is genius, am so impressed that you're using old stash too!

Lisa-Jane said...

Two wonderful pages there Kirsty! ELC still have a website but not proper shops anymore which is sad. What is even sadder is that I have those same letter stickers!

alexa said...

Beautifully bright page for the party - I love those circles. And your blooms are a pretty touch for your feminine page - and those lovely smiling faces.

Anonymous said...

2 great looking pages Kirsty. BTW, love how you've used those brads.