Thursday 9 May 2013

Thrifty scrapping with 6x6 paper pads

I'm a patterned paper addict and a sucker for new collections but I scrap on a shoestring.

I loved the look of the new Papermania All Aboard collection, especially the vintage cameras and kraft accents, and until recently I'd have bought up the 12x12 papers, leaving no money left in the budget for any embellishments.

This time, though I spent £4 on the 6x6 pad. I've got all the papers, albeit in a smaller print plus some dinky little cut-aparts, and I still had enough spends for the pack of emvelopes and the journalling pad. I was sorely tempted by the washi tapes too.
Part of the reason to be particularly frugal this month was the fact thatI needed to renew both my children's passports (£119!) and today, with 2 weeks until half term, they both arrived. Hurrah for that, obviously as it means we can go out to France for half term.  It also meant I didn't need to use the leftover passport photos so I could scrap them! And that Papermania paper was perfect, especially the little passport envelope.

The whole layout is based on the same collection, with the addition of a few scraps of paper from my scraps file, Jenni Bowlin letter stickers, some sequins and K&Co washi tape. I inked everything and layered up the paper and photos. The Travel Notes sheet is from the journalling pad. The mini passport, word tiles, tickets and post-it note are all cut from the papers. A complete 12x12 layout for much less than it would have been using full-size papers. I've still got loads left, including the kraft papers, but I'm planning on doing plenty more holiday pages this year.

2 comments:

Sian said...

Passports have got scarily expensive! I'm a big fan of the smaller paper pads..what I like is it gets me past that feeling of cutting into a huge sheet of paper just for one little thing

Maria Ontiveros said...

I also love those 6x6 pads. It helps me get some of my favorite lines.
Rinda