Saturday 30 March 2013

Saturday Roundup - 30th March - the Easter Edition

I'm so glad I decided to do this weekly post, rather than attempting a full Project Life, as I don't think I would ever have been able to keep up with crafting everything we have done so far this year. I'm planning to get it printed at the end of the year.

Finally, we have all broken up! P and I finished on Wednesday and the kids' schools went on until 2.15 on Maundy Thursday. It's been a short but very busy term and we are all ready for a break.
As R is in Year 6, there is a little less Easter-related frenzy but M, being in Year 1, had something every day this week.
Monday was Cake Bake and M made cookies from a packet mix all by herself. I would normally blush to buy a packet mix, but I didn't have time to bake myself and the alternative would have been shop-bought cakes, so I decided it was a good compromise. I was busy all day with Speaking and Listening exams.
On Tuesday, it was the Key Stage 1 Easter Bonnet Parade. Doesn't she look lovely? Again, once I had shown M how to make the pipecleaner flowers she did most of it herself. Art is definitely her thing! And this was born out on Wednesday when she won the class Easter Drawing Contest. I was very proud when she told me she'd won an Easter egg, but more so when she added "But P and F (her best friends) were very sad they didn't win so will you cut the Easter egg in pieces so I can share it?" Aaah!
We have had 5 non-uniform days this month! M went to school dressed as a Princess on Wednesday for the culmination of the Castle project Puffins have been working on. R was in Mufti on Thursday in exchange for a contribution to the Easter Egg Tombola, for which I then had to fork out another £1 for tickets!
                           
As Wednesday was our 14th Wedding Anniversay, P and I made the most of our extra day off on Thursday and went out for lunch. We both chose the 2-course set menu, but I had a very tasty, if difficult to eat, chicken burger and grilled pineapple with ice cream for dessert, while P went for an asparagus starter and scallop ravioli. Lovely!
                            
Thankfully, the sun came out for our outdoor Service of Witness on the morning of Good Friday, though it was still pretty chilly. We spent the rest of the day with the grandparents (all 5 of them) scoffing delicious roast leg of lamb and my Mother-in-Law's beautiful cupcakes.

Saturday was spent tidying and packing for France, exchanging Easter eggs with family and scheduling blog posts. We will be away for the next fortnight, so my posts may be sporadic. Have a lovely school holiday.

3 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Those pictures are precious!
Rinda

alexa said...

Hoping you have a lovely family time away, and I love the princess and her hat!

Sian said...

A very enjoyable round up, just tailor made for someone doing a big catch up on everyone's news as I am today! The Easter bonnet is just gorgeous, and I do love the story about the Easter egg prize. Well done!

I love the butterflies cut from photos too. Really lovely