Sunday 25 November 2012

Scrapbook Remix


I haven't made a page for each prompt in Scrapbook Remix - that was never going to happen - but I have used ideas from several prompts for every page I've made this month, and this one is no exception.

Shimelle gave us a sketch to include one portrait and one landscape photo - a combo I often struggle with -and also suggested using a black background. Well, the dark navy was a better match to the photos and still worked well with white journalling directly onto the background. I used scraps of patterned paper and the London Eye ticket. The blue word tag is by K&Co, the glittery bugs are Dovecraft and I tried out my new Smash Tape printer for the first time.

The translucent blue letters are Amy Tangerine and were in my mystery Christmas stash box from Shimelle. The big black ones were leftover froma  pack I bought in Tiger. 'New' was about the only word I could still spell with what was left. I wanted the title to read A Whole New Perspective, about how I handed the camera to the children for a change, but I got the placement wrong so I had to write VIew, which could still refer to the fact that we were up on the London Eye at the time

2 comments:

Sian said...

"View" works perfectly :)

Those are lovely photos - everyone looks like they are having such a great time

alexa said...

You've made the landscape and portrait work beautifully for you - those tags just anchor it all so nicely.