Friday 27 July 2012

Scrapping Big Birthday Bashes

These are the first two layouts from the page kits iImade to bring to France with me. They use a similar colour scheme, but one uses mutiple photos and the other has no photos.


My Father-in-Law really hates having his photo taken and always says this if anyone tries to include him in a photo. It was his 70th birthday, after all, so I decided to humour him and keep my camera in my bag.
However I still wanted to scrapbook his birthday lunch so I used the takeaway menu from the Chinese restaurant we went to instead of a photo.

Ipetals in the black handmade paper and I used the menu design to choose a red, black and gold colour scheme. The flecks of yellow are  inked and double-mounted the title to highlight the words. the Chinese-printed paper and the red money pouch have been in my stash for I-don't-know-how-long. The pouch contains some extra journalling on a tag.


For my grandmother's 90th birthday, I had too many pictures - she is anything but camera-shy. In order to include as many as possible, I made them into a collage in Picassa.  I mounted it on red handmade paper this time with ablack cardstocvk bacvkground and used a selection of borders and small embellishment clusters. The corrugated circles are pop-out openings of wine boxes - we are in France after all!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Hi Kirsty - Glad you are having a great time and the weather is good. Do hope it lasts.
I've awarded you the One Lovely Blog Award. Take a look at my crochet blog. xx