Saturday 14 July 2012

class assemblies - layout


Both children had their special class assemblies in the last half term. They were both excellent in their different ways, but it's never easy to get good pictures from the back of a fluorescent-lit school hall. Since I had pictures, but none were excellent, I decided to just scrap one of each child on a single layout, and leave plenty of room for journalling detail.

I started with a Glitter Girl sketch, I think, using 2 highly patterned papers and then layered 2 journalling cards and wrote across both of them. I got the idea of the distressed white background on a very narrow coloured border from Scrapbook Inspirations. Each embellishment cluster contains basic information about the class and teacher and the date. I suspect the layers of paper and washi tape are also Glitter Girl-inspired! I rarely use whole sketches or scraplift full layouts, but I often take one or two ideas from the magazines I read.

I finished with a large red title and used a scattering of red brads to tie the colours in.


2 comments:

Melissa said...

What a great layout! The papers & all the little bits & pieces work really well together.

Sian said...

I love this layout! A really nice design and lovely colour choices.