Wednesday 4 January 2012

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday January 2012


Look at that! No Christmas paper in sight. No glitter. No red or green. Not a single Santa image to be seen!

I go back to college tomorrow and I have put all my Christmas scraps away in my pink file, apart from my JYC Smash Book, which I will still be working on until 12th Night this year. How nice it will be to do some other crafting. Although I do have a couple of 12x12 layouts to make about Christmas 2011, I have no desire to do them yet. Instead I am keen to get started on a pretty blue New Baby card for my cousin.

If you would like to share your desk, whether it is still covered with glitter or spick and span, post a link with Julia at The Stamping Ground.

I won't open that pink box again until next October, when I will once again embark on a marathon of  Christmas cards. Speaking of which; I've had an idea brewing and I'd like to know what you think.

I am often teased for being overly organised about Christmas, usually (I like to think) by people who would like to be more organised. Would anyone be up for following along with my Christmas planning next year? I'm not talking about a class, just a series of weekly posts, starting in early October with ideas and suggestions for simple get-ahead tasks, with a Mr Linky so you can share how you are getting along.

If you are one of those people who always say, mid-December, 'How can it be Christmas already?' please tell me: do you revel in your last-minute preparations and deadlines (if so, I salute you and I wouldn't want to impose my technique on you) or would you like a bit of help from an early starter?

Well, it's back to work with me. Good luck if you or the children are back today too. Look at this sky we saw this morning as we ate breakfast.
Red sky in the morning, Shepherds' warning!!
  

22 comments:

Annie said...

What a gorgeous sky picture. Love the colours.
Happy 2012. Hope you have many many happy creative hours in the year ahead.
Hugs,
A x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Much as I adore Christmas, I do love it when all the decs are away and the house is clean and tidy again! Apart from recycling cards into next year's tags, I can't think about next Christmas yet :) Great shot of the sky, goodness but the weather has been 'interesting'!!
Happy New Year!
Hugs, LLJ #34 xx

Helen T said...

Hi Kirsty... the idea of weekly posts from October sounds great - count me in. I love the picture of the sky it looks amazing. Happy New Year :)

Twiglet said...

Looks like you will be having a very creative 2012. That sky pic is beautiful x Jo

May said...

Please count me in, sounds fantastic weekly posts from Oct, yes please, your pic is Beautiful x x x Hugs May x x x x

Helen said...

What a beautiful photo - the sky was quite nice here (Surrey) too, but not that good!

l00pyscraftcreations said...

oh a wonderful photo, as for organisation, well I used to be organised, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,

xx

Lou WOYWW

Unknown said...

Wonderful colours in the photo.

Hmm, Christmas organisation....I'd like to be organised with cards and making decs etc, as each year there are things I don't do because I run out of time. However I also refuse to stress and worry about Christmas.

Actually I probably would like it, I'm pretty certain I'd benefit from it, esp where making cards was concerned!

Sherelm said...

Did you see that Shimelle is actually shaking it up a bit next year? Will this affect your plans?
If it's for simply getting organized, count me in!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sky picture, hope the old prophecy doesn't come true! I'm with you about no red and green but I'm not sure how long I'll hold out as I like to make Christmas cards all year long!

Hugs
Brenda 76

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I would totally love a push to get it together for December holiday in October! I actually did this year too but it didn't stick. I made a few things and ignored it for a good long while. I do not reveal in crunch time as you never know what else it going to hit you can interrupt your well-laid plans. But I will admit that if it weren't for the last minute nothing would get done.

As far as your desk-congrats on getting on the holiday stuff put away! I still have the punches out and can't seem to get them put away. Don't know why....

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Kirsty,

I'd be interested in the weekly Christmas posts.

Love the sky photo - very beautiful. I just saw the beginnings of your 01/02 post. I read all the Dragon Tatoo books and it took me about 100 pages to get into the first one. If that happens to you don't give up. Also watched all the movies.

Kay
WOYWW #92

Julia Dunnit said...

I think your pink box planning sounds like a great idea Kirsty, and making more work for yourself to share your non-panicky planning is really generous. Meanwhile, am loving the non red and green sight of your desk. Have a great start to the termtomorrow!

Melissa said...

I still have two more Christmas layouts to complete for the BPC 12 Days of Christmas, then I'm moving on to other projects, too.

I'm also very organized for Christmas (and start even earlier than you preparing!), but I would love to follow along and learn how you organize. There are always new ways of doing things that help out! I'd definitely link up some ideas, too.

Enfys said...

A great first crafty peek of the year. What a fabulous photo. Happy new year!
hugs
Enfys

Hazel said...

Nice tidy desk. I'm afraid I'm one of those crafters who makes Christmas cards throughout the year (I really need to because of the amount I make) so my stash is very much still in evidence and won't be packed away (Hazel, WOYWW 108) x

ScrappnBee said...

That is a beautiful color in the sky! I think part of our Christmas backup is that we celebrate Thanksgiving at the end of November, and it is a big fall festival time. It is always so hard to think Christmas thoughts and pilgrims and indians at the same time! It would be cool to see what you are up to though! I say go for it! -Amanda 28

Katie said...

The sky is beautiful! I always feel that way about Christmas - it just sneaks up on me! I'd love to follow along with your Christmas preparations, maybe it would get me on track!

Katie #81

Anne said...

Lovely sky the colours are beautiful. Have cleared all things christmas from my desk- BUT they still lurk in other places. Don't mind though as love Christmas. Happy new Year. Anne x

Paige Taylor Evans said...

I love your idea for the holidays in 2012!

This may be a silly question, but what's Shepherds' warning?

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Kristy, thanks so much for popping over, for sharing. ah could not stand to wit until October to start planning as you can see start waaay before that, like to have most done by November so as to cope! love the sunrise Happy WOYWW! Love, Shaz in Oz. x #24

Fiona@staring at the sea said...

What a gorgeous sky shot at the end:)
I think October is a good time to start with posts about Christmas planning. I did a weekly round up of handmade gift ideas this year, starting 100 days before Christmas.