Tuesday 29 November 2011

A Christmas MeMe

Found this one here and thought I'd share my answers with you, since it's almost December:

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate, with marshmallows but no cream. Or Baileys.

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps them. In a different paper so there is no confusion and puts them in a stocking at the end of the beds. Mum and Dad still have stockings too, but it is understood that Santa only visits children so Mum and Dad have to do each other's. BTW, he's called Father Christmas chez nous. 


Coloured lights on tree/house or white? They were always coloured when I was growing up, but white nowadays.


Do you hang mistletoe? No.


When do you put your decorations up? Usually the weekend that that I finish teaching, around the 8th December. We are very busy that weekend this year though, so it might be later.

What is your favourite holiday dish? Turkey with all the trimmings, of course.
 Favourite Holiday memory as a child? Oh so many: Going with Dad to choose the tree and then decorating it with Christmas carols playing. Watching Christmas films like 'National Velvet' and 'The Wizard of Oz' whilst tucking into a box of chocolates. Opening my stocking with my brother in Mum and Dad's bedroom (the only time in the year we were allowed in there)

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don’t remember finding out but I remember the first year that I 'knew' and my brother (4 years younger) didn't. I felt so proud and grown up because I didn't give the game away.
Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No. Christmas morning.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree?  It starts off colour co-ordinated, then I can't resist adding all the handmade stuff the children produce at school. Never tinsel, though, I just don't know how tro make it look right.


Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love the idea, but dread the reality.

Can you ice skate? No, Not at all.

Do you remember your favourite gift? Not really, there were so many.

What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? The birth of Jesus, giving and receiving gifts and eating a delicious meal together.


What is your favourite Holiday Dessert? My grandmother used to make a delicious concoction called Lemon Thingy, but sadly she dies without passing on the recipe. These days I love Christmas pudding with brandy cream, although I'd never touch it at any other time of year.

 What is your favourite holiday tradition? I love Christmas Eve almost as much as Christmas Day. The Christingle Service at Church then putting out stockings and making sure there is a mince pie for Father Christmas. I love making it magical for my children.


What tops your tree? A gold or silver star, depending on the year's colour scheme. 


Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I'd like to say giving, but who doesn't love receiving thoughtful present? So, both.

 What is your favourite Christmas Song? 'Fairytale of New York' for secular song. 'The First Noel' for carol.


Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yuck. Pretty to look at, but not to eat.


Favourite Christmas Show? 'The Vicar of Dibley'

 Saddest Christmas Song? 'Do They Know It's Christmas?'


Thanks, Nightwolf. This really got me in the mood for Journal Your Christmas. If you'd like to play along too, copy the questions and post your own answers. Please leave a link here so I can make sure I go and have a look.


2 comments:

Melissa said...

I enjoyed reading your answers. I'm totally in the Christmas spirity and so glad the holidays are here. The birth of Jesus is by far the best part of the season, but I certainly enjoy all the rest, too!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Oh this was fun to get to know you better!