Saturday 11 June 2011

June Counterfeit Kit

June's Counterfeit is by Burlap and Buttercups and is truly luscious.



It took me a while to get around to it (too many blog challenges, too litle time) but here is some of my counterfeit kit.


The papers were easy - I have no shortage of pinky-greeny floral papers.Probably because I love them, and I buy them, but I don't seem to use this sort of paper very often for scrapbooking - looks like I'll be making lots of cards this month.
I have neither yellow velvet ribbon nor baker's twine, but I do have plenty of co-ordinating ribbon that I want to use up. 

I punched butterflies from white, lace-printed vellum, tinted them with yellow promarkers and embellished them with glitter.

My  flowers look nothing like the ones in the kit, but they were part of the lovely 'Simply Homemade magazine kit I am using for the papers. I 'shinied' one of them up with glossy accents and 'vintaged' the other with ink (don't start, Mel! :)
I haven't made a summer add-on kit yet, but the month is still young!

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Looks like a lovely kit I like the butterfly's

Crystal said...

Great job!

beccaf1970 said...

Great choice of papers, and I love those butterflies!!

A Creative Operation said...

Gorgeous kit, and I love the flowers and butterflies!

Sian said...

Your butterflies are beautiful!

Clair said...

I love your flowers Kirsty. I have those papers too - though none of them ended up in my kit. Looking forward to seeing what you make x

Susanne said...

Great kit, it's so soft and pretty. Nice job on the embellishments too.

Margie said...

Great kit- love the butterflies and flowers!

humel said...

Yay, you speak Melsh!! ;) You also put together lovely counterfeit kits xx