Monday 30 May 2011

Back to Scrapping

What is the best way to spend a grey and chilly Bank Holiday Monday? A lie-in; Ben and Jerry's Phish Food ice cream; and a bit of scrapping time.

I finished this LO about our visit to the lace and copper museum in Villedieu-ls-Poelles. I thoroughly recommend an hour in this little museum. In fact, I recommend a day in Villedieu-les-Poelles (whose name, incidently, translates as God's Town of the Frying Pans!) I have blogged before about the Bell Foundry in this town and we still have the glass blowing museum to see on our next visit. The dentellerie is only tiny but has very interesting displays and demonstrations of lace making. I was impressed that the guide who gave our demonstration was only in her 20s and told us that a good lace-maker could produce about 4cm an hour! I bought a little scrap of lace which she had made for E2.50, really not much for an hour's crafting!

My page needed to showcase the lace itself, but I, serendipitously, I had a sheet of lace-patterned vellum and  some copper-coloured Papermania lace tape left over from Christmas which complemented it pefectly. The journalling spot, which has a lady spinning on it, is by My Mind's Eye.

My second layout features my good friend, and R's Godmother, Amanda. She is affectionately known to everyone as Godmanda as that is what R first called her, hence the title 'For the Love of GodManda'. I used a version of Shimelle's April 4x6 Photo Love, with the 4th quarter as a title, but I only had 3 photos so it isn't as intercative as hers.

I created the tree embellishments by stamping several times on coloured paper and colouring the images with gel pens. I cut out the trunk  and flowr elements separately and layered them up on sticky pads. I used a white gel pen to journal straight onto the photos and the title is a mix f 2 American Crafts alphas and a very old pack of WordFetti. This layout used upsome of the remains of my May Countefeit Kit, but I still have quite a lot left.
How did you spend your Bank Holiday?

2 comments:

Clair said...

Ah! I spot some cute Nitwit stamps - I'm loving the sets with Simply Handmade. Aren't they cute? Love the extra little flowers you've added! x

ms.schwiet said...

Those trees are so whimsically cute