Sunday 23 January 2011

Papers are for life, not just for Christmas!


This Layout was created using the NitWit  collection of papers, a free gifts with the Christmas issue of Scrapbook Magazine. They are meant to be winter papers with lots of snowflakes, but I thought the colours worked beauitifully with my children's school photos, Unfortunately, I have just realised I adhered the hearts paper upside down! Hey Ho!

I made floral embellishments using flower templates (which also came with this month's Scrapbook Magazine) and I inked, stamped and embossed some mismatched chipboard letters from my stash. I would not normally use flowers on pages about my son, but I think (hope?) the colour scheme and the distressing prevents this one from looking too girly.
The brown ribbon was cut off a box of chocolates at Christmas and the blues were tiny scraps from my ribbon jar. The only bought embellishments were the American Craft pearl brads, which I found in a January Sale bin.
I also made an anniversary card with the leftovers, just because it's more fun than tidying up!

2 comments:

furrypig said...

great page and great card! The colours are fab together and you're right it's not too girly at all.

humel said...

You're absoluTely rigHT, THey don' jusT HaVe To be for CHrisTmas :-) THe layouT's fab, and THe upside down HearTs really don'T maTTer!

PS Sorry abouT THe random CapiTals, my keyboard's playing up....