Friday 10 December 2010

JYC 10. All wrapped up - and a word to the wise

The hot topic in Blogland today is wrapping paper, so here are my answers to a few burning questions:

To rip or not to rip? I carefully save wrapping paper and bows and tags and ... One of the many things I love about Christmas is the free stash!

Colour co-ordinated or random wrappings? I always have a colour scheme - red and silver this year - and I pride myself on my wrapping ability. I've erred this year and bought shiny paper - I forgot it isn't recyclable, so I feel very guilty, but I've got it now, so I'll have to go with it. I use different paper for stocking presents.

Done yet? No, but all the ones I have to post were wrapped this morning - spurred on by the need to photograph them for this prompt. I've added a bokeh layer as per the In Focus prompt, but I don't know whether you can see it. I'll finish the rest of my wrapping on a quiet evening with a glass of wine.

Here's my quick page (front and back)

 And a word to the wise: all these presents are to be posted to children, and I have had plenty of experience of labels going astray in such circumstances so now I always write directly onto the paper. I got out my Jelly Roll gold pen, which looked really classy against the shiny red paper. It was not until I piled them up to photograph that I realised the ink had smudged off onto my fingers - it had totally failed to dry. By the time the parcels had been manhandled through the post, it would have been like addressing them in invisible ink! Using my trusty black Sharie meant a total disaster was narrowly averted. I'll have to buy a gold Sharpie!

1 comment:

Sian said...

Quick thinking :)